Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Zoning Out Week: Adepticon Chaos Daemons Team



It seems like the middle of the week was the best time to explore my chaos daemons as an option for the Killzone tournament at Adepticon. This army has always been a strong contender for my attention, and the Killzone event just seems like it may be a good choice for the Emerald Eye to make an appearance. However, it may also be the boring choice as I have not worked on anything for this army in quite some time.

Photobucket

When it comes to playing daemons in Killzone, one of the key changes to how the army plays is that the deep strike rules for them are ignored. This means that all daemon models start on the board as opposed to waiting in reserves. This has a dramatic impact on how the army plays, but I am finding that it does not imbalance it as one might expect. What balances this advantage is that most of the army is just not that fast and lacks a lot of firepower to deal with stuff outside of close combat.

Bloodletter 16 pts
Bloodletter 16 pts
Bloodletter 16 pts
Bloodletter 16 pts
Bloodletter 16 pts
Bloodletter 16 pts
Fleshound of Khorne 15 pts
Fleshound of Khorne 15 pts
Daemonette 13 pts
Daemonette 13 pts
Daemonette 13 pts
Daemonette 13 pts
Daemonette 13 pts
Daemonette 13 pts
Flamer 35 pts

In general, this army is about having the numbers to survive enough shooting that I can reach the opponent and do some harm. There are not a lot of tricks to it and I really think I prefer it that way. However, I could see me swapping out a couple of models to include a bonecrusher or fiend, just to add a little more punch.

The other thing I am still considering, and hence looking for feedback on, it whether or not I should just stick to a single god. I know most purists like it that way, but I enjoy mixing the different daemonic groups, so it has become habit for me. If I were to stick with a single god, I am thinking either Tzeentch or Khorne, just because those are my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment