Saturday, February 26, 2011

WTF Saturdays: The February 2011 Edition

If you don’t know what the acronym means, please look it up. The point of this monthly thread is to provide me a place where I can vent on various stuff I have experienced, seen, or read about the hobby in the last month. The kind of stuff that drives me to write something negative and detract from my general goal of providing inspiration and enjoyment with this site. If you are easily offended, please be advised…

1. Just because you won the game doesn't give you the right to tell your opponent how you would change their army. I am all for providing someone with feedback when asked for it, but just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that you should automatically share it. Along these lines, walking over to your buddies after a game and declaring how your opponent's army is a joke and how their choice in units is offensive to your very existence is not being sporting.

2. When rolling, don't pick-up the successes. I don't know where these kids are learning this stuff, but it must stop. If you roll 6 dice and 2 fail, pick-up those two up. This one is causing me to desire bringing my own rocket hammer with me to game.



2 comments:

  1. Both are certainly good tips. Being a "feedback fairy" and sprinking unsolicited feedback is so natural, but often unwelcome. Before dumping my views on someone, I find it's better to ask them if they mind a little feedback first--that was a trick I learned in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Warhammer39999... I think it depends on who I am talking with when it comes to feedback. Random opponents, I tend to avoid feedback. With friends, I tend to provide constructive feedback only when pressed for it. My career involves me providing a lot of feedback (positive & negative), so when it comes to my hobby, the only person I want to be critical of is myself. This is all for fun, so unless something really bothers me, I tend to just blow it off. (LOL... Hence the WTF segment)

    ReplyDelete