Saturday, January 8, 2011

Equinox's 2011 Painting Point System

I have been using the painting point system for two years now. It is a great system for casually tracking my progress each month and comparing it against other bloggers. That said, I felt it was time to make a few minor updates to the system for 2011.

For those not familiar with the system, the basics of it are that a participant earns points for each model painted. The number of points earned depends on the size of the model.

Infantry or objective markers*= 1 point
Cavalry, bikes, 40mm Monsters (Ogres, Trolls, Minotaurs, Ogryns, Lictors, etc.), or a display boards** = 2 points
Terrain*** = 3 points
Monster or Dreadnought = 5 points
Vehicle = 10 points
Superheavy vehicle = 20 points
*Objective Markers: Alot of tournaments require that a player brings some kind of custom objective marker. Since these typically need to be painted and converted, I felt that they should earn me a point.
**Display Boards: Depending on the event and the value of having one, I felt building and painting a good display board should be worth something in the system. 2 points for a board seems reasonable.
***Terrain: It only seemed right that I gave terrain a value, especially if I am using one or more of GW's terrain kits.

Special Thanks to Lone Pilgrim for introducing such a fun idea to the 40K blogsphere.

2 comments:

  1. I like the additions. I will probably use the additional terrain on my own tracking this year, although I am unsure about how many points I want to rate a display board. In addition, I created some complete tables last year (3x3 malifaux tables) and will be doing more this year. I figure I am going to track those as well. With the work on the tables, I may give them the same points as a vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The question of a complete table is one I have also been pondering as I need to work on tables for Invasion Kenosha III. I am curious to see what you decide upon.

    ReplyDelete