Monday, March 7, 2011

Screaming Down to Bloomington: Part Three

Photobucket
In my last post, I wrote about the general I am going to use for the tournament. In this post, I explore the wizard I am going to field in the tournament. Since the tournament is 2200 points, that means I can 550 points worth of lord choices. I don’t think I would typically double dip into the lord choices, but I need to sink points and a level 3 wizard just seems like a better choice for this tournament.

When it came to selecting magic items for the wizard, I decided to save points by not upgrading him to a level four and instead purchase the arabyan tome to get an additional spell. I am just of the opinion that the one point difference between a level 3 and 4 is not significant enough to spend the 35 points when the bigger reason for the higher level is the additional spell choice. I also decided to give the wizard a talisman of protection (6+ ward), just to give him some kind of protection.

Another feature of the Dogs of War Indy list is that most characters can purchase traits. Of the three traits available to wizards only, I decided to go with the channeller trait which allows the wizard to channel on 4+ instead of a six. I did consider the madness trait, but the cost of 35 points and the fact that it makes the model stupid seemed too large a cost just for an additional casting dice each turn.

The final decision for my wizard was which of the eight standard lores I would use with him. Currently, I prefer the lores of shadows and metal, so those are the two that I focused on. In the end, I still need more practice with the lore of metal, so I am going to go with the lore of shadows.

Hireling Wizard Lord (Lore of Shadows) – 225 points
Equipment: N/A
Traits: Channeller
Magic Items: Talisman of Protection (6+ Ward) and Arabyan Tome (+1 spell)

No comments:

Post a Comment