Sunday, March 13, 2011

Empire vs Dogs of War 2200 - Part 3

Again, thanks to Steve G for writing today's battle report. He was a really nice guy and it was a pleasure to play against his empire army.

This battle was tough and I don't think I would have lasted as long without the special rule slowing down his cannons. Vespero also struggled to take out his target in a reasonable time frame, and Ruglud turned on his fellow mercenaries and followed that up with running off the board. (Which seemed to be the general theme for the day.)

Lessons Learned...
1. Watching how Steve's army played, I am determined to include more warmachines in my army after Adepticon. I need the pie plates and templates to deal with the large blocks. 47 crossbows/long bows were not enough shots.
2. I love Ruglud's Orcs, but across the three games, the number of times they squabbled or turned on me were to numerous. I believe I may post on the Dogs of War forum a suggestion on how to improve them while still keeping the animosity rule. (Maybe a reasonable point deduction or reducing the possibility of them doing something bad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment