Monday, February 22, 2010

On the Bench: Amethyst Veil Black Knight

The immediate challenge with painting the rider is going to be how to hold the model while painting it. I could have eliminated the problem by premounting the rider on his stead and painting both at once. I never do things the easy way.

Once primed, I stick the model to a pin that has been mounted in a cork. The trick to getting the model to stick to the pin is a small drop of superglue. Once the glue has dried, I paint on a coat of desert brown (4:1, paint:thinner).



Once the desert brown has dried, I apply a coat of wash (brown ink:black ink: thinner, 6:1:7). I go a little heavier on the wash then I did with the stead. I especially apply a heavy coat to the crevices within the armor as I want to prevent any white from bleeding out later.


Next Time: How to Make a Black Knight Turn White

No comments:

Post a Comment