Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On the Bench: W.I.P. Leman Russ Punisher

I made the decision to paint the LR-P in sections. Work on one side until it is finished, then the other side. After both sides are complete, I will do the middle and finish with the turret.

I only had a hour to burn this evening, so I painted another layer of Vallejo Dark Blue (4:1). I believe next time I will paint a layer of Vallejo Dark Blue/Vallejo Skull White (8:1) over about 80% of the section.

Placed a painted guardsmen on top to compare the blue on him with the blue on the tank. While I am using the same scheme I use on my guardsmen, I realize that I need a few more layers than what I would use on a smaller model. I may apply a glaze of dark blue after the layer mentioned above and than follow up with another layer of dark blue/skull white.

No comments:

Post a Comment