Monday, January 23, 2012

The Roaming Gamer's Review: Texas Toy Soldier (Addison, Texas)

One of the pleasures of my job is that I get to travel all over the United States. During my travels, I get to visit various game stores and get a chance to see how folks approach the hobby in different parts of the world. I also get to find those gems that are worth checking out just to pick-up something new or have a fun chat. This month I review Texas Toy Soldiers, a great store in the Dallas, Texas area.


The first thing I noticed about the store was that is was clean and very well organized. The GW product was straight ahead as I walked in the door and the selection of product was excellent. The store also carried many other lines of products, including stuff from Spartan Games and Vallejo Paints.

Another great thing about the store is that all GW products are 25% off the MSRP. On the day I visited the store, I was debating on whether to purchase an Ironblaster or a Stonehorn. With such a great discount, I went ahead and bought both of them.

Finally, the fellow working the counter (I believe his name was Allen), was a real pleasure to talk with and made the visit a memorable experience. I liked that he was helpful when I called for directions and was kind enough to put what I wanted aside before I arrived at the store. We talked about the GW hobby and his interest in historical games.

I am already planning another visit to the Texas Toy Soldiers when I return to Dallas in January. The combination of a great discount and staff is hard to avoid and makes for an enjoyable purchasing experience. While I didn't get to check out any gaming while I was there, I do look forward to swinging by on a Thursday night to play the next time I am in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment