Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Adepticon Combat Patrol

I’ve been pondering whether or not I will attend the Combat Patrol tournament at this year’s Adepticon. I love the format, but I am not a supporter of Adepticon. This year though, the cost of admission includes a very respectable amount of swag, so the entry fee into the convention is justifiable.

As I look at what I have painted for Chaos Daemons that can be applied to a 40K Combat Patrol, the list as of today stands at:

10 Bloodletters
10 Horrors
1 Masque
1 Daemonette

With regards to stuff that I have in process:

1 Herald of Khorne on Juggernaught (Converted & Based)
4 Daemonettes (Converted & Based)
1 Fiend of Slaanesh (Converted & Based)

As it stands, I can field the completed stuff into an army that looks like this:
5 Bloodletters (80 pts)
5 Bloodletters (80 pts)
5 Horrors (85 pts)
5 Horrors (85 pts)
1 Herald of Slaanesh w/ Daemonic Gaze (65 pts)

Using this list, my group A would be the horrors and herald and my group B would be the bloodletters. The problem with this list is that it lacks some of the visual elements that bring the various models together when used for WFB. The reason this is important is that painting is part of this event and I would like to score well.

Along the lines of wanting something that has more of a unified theme in this format, I have been thinking about a list that looks like this one. The bloodletters are complete and the daemonettes, bloodcrushers, and fiends are in some state of work, so it should be possible to complete within two months.
5 Bloodletters (80 pts)
5 Bloodletters (80 pts)
5 Daemonettes (65 pts)
2 Bloodcrushers (80 pts)
2 Fiends of Slaanesh (60 pts)
1 Fiends of Slaanesh (30 pts)

I believe for daemonic arrival, I would divide the groups based on god. The question I am pondering is which group should be my “preferred” group.
Group A
5 Daemonettes
2 Fiends of Slaanesh
1 Fiends of Slaanesh

Group B
5 Bloodletters
5 Bloodletters
2 Bloodcrushers

I think this list would look better and be more fun for me to play. The bad thing about this army is that it would require me purchasing another bloodcrusher, which I can do, but I am not eager to buy any more models at the moment. I’ll need to see if I can make a trade for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment