Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tournament Tuesdays: Adepticon Warband Tournaments

Since being posted, I have dug into the rules for the Adepticon Warband Tournaments and have begun to consider what I plan on bringing to the tournament(s). I still have not decided whether or not I will attend both tournaments or do one warband and one combat patrol on Friday.

As it stands, I know that time is very limited for me and I need to focus on one army first and complete it before moving on to another army. If I allow myself to become distracted with swapping between armies, the odds of me finishing anything for Adepticon are very low.

I have decided that I am going to focus on the Emerald Eye first and complete a Tzeentch themed version of it as my warband. By taking this approach, I should have a solid army with an easy to identify theme. This army also translates over to 40K instantly so that I have a combat patrol army (give or take some models) without working on a second set of models.

Herald of Tzeentch w/ Master of Sorcery (140 pts)
10 Horrors of Tzeentch w/ standard (132 pts)
10 Horrors of Tzeentch w/ standard (132 pts)
3 Screamers of Tzeentch (90 pts)
3 Flamers of Tzeentch (105 pts)
Total 599 pts
Power Dice: 6, Dispel Dice: 5

Yes, this tournament is using 600 points as the army size for warband games. I am accepting that while this army has a clear theme, I think it will not hold up well against better warbands. I also expect it to be kicked in the crotch for composition since I have 6 power dice, master of sorcery and a small pack of flamers.

No comments:

Post a Comment