Wednesday, June 10, 2009

On the Bench: Ratling Snipers

The process of completing the leather was a bit of hit or miss in terms of process. The final scheme as I post it is based on my playing a little bit with the model till I got a result that I liked.

Vallejo bestial brown (4:1, paint:thinner)
Vallejo bestial brown/cobra leather (4:1:1, bestial brown:cobra leather:thinner)
Vallejo cobra leather (4:1, paint:thinner)



The grey sleeping bag/cloak was also a case of exploring the paint scheme until I hit on a completed job that I liked.

Vallejo London grey
GW badab wash (1:2 badab wash:thinner)
GW badab wash (straight)
Vallejo London grey
Vallejo London grey/Vallejo light grey (4:1:1, London grey: light grey: thinner)
Vallejo London grey/Vallejo light grey (3:1:1, London grey: light grey: thinner)
Vallejo London grey/Vallejo light grey (2:2:1, London grey: light grey: thinner)
Vallejo London grey/Vallejo light grey (1:3:1, London grey: light grey: thinner)


Using the process that I decided on while painting the guardsman, I completed the “gold” sections.
Reaper Chestnut Gold (09073) (4:1, paint:thinner)
GW Sepia Wash
Palomino Gold (4:1, paint:thinner)
Buckskin Pale (4:1, paint:thinner)





Next Time: Arming Little People

No comments:

Post a Comment