Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tournament Tuesdays: Fantasy ‘Ard Boyz List

The following article was written with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek. While the points I state about what actual units I will be bringing are true, the sarcasm around them is meant in jest. Please be advised.

Fantasy 'Ard Boyz Preliminaries
Sep. 26, 2009
3,000 Points


I am not a fan of the format as I generally feel that it brings out the worse in people, but since I have not gotten many WFB tournaments in this year, I figure this may be my only chance in 2009. In general, the idea of this tournament is to bring the toughest list possible and win three games. Since everyone and their mother consider Daemons of Chaos to be the hardest book, and considering that I own enough of them to break 3000 points, I am going to use them for the tournament.

The foundation of the list will be a very strong magic phase. I have a few reasons for wanting to build an army this way. The first reason is that I like the style of play. Second, most of the units that I have at my disposal are slanted in this direction. Along both of those lines, I have to admit that I am not really interested in the actual competition or tactics, so an army that is point and shoot is just fine with me for this event.

While magic will be the primary tactic of this army, I plan on injecting it with the secondary approach of leadership attacking. The ability of a DoC army to attack another army’s leadership/moral is just too sweet for me to pass up. Again, like with magic, it seems like a really basic, and boring, tactic that will allow me to point the army and shoot.

As for offensive ability, I’ll obviously backing up the magic/leadership portion of my army with fleshhounds and flamers. These two units are the ones that all of the cool kids are using these days, so I might as well join them. I started painting a unit of hounds last year, but with all the negativity about them, I lost interest in them. Now seems like a good time to break them back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment