Monday, September 11, 2017

Lighting Demo Video

It is John from the Unstable Dice and I am needing your input on something I am working on.  I have set-up new lighting that I am hoping to use in future videos and I wanted to get your feedback on the video quality.  

I am using a three-point set-up with two umbrella lights and one softbox light to film against a lime green background using a Logitech c920 webcam.  I am streaming the video through XSplit Broadcaster and editing it afterwards using Camtasia 9.

Overall, the quality seems decent to me, but I am still getting some shadows and notice the colors seem a bit dull.  Overall, what are your thoughts on how the demo video looks?    If you could leave your comments and suggestion below, that would be greatly appreciated. 


2 comments:

  1. Subject lighting is good ie on the model. The shadows on the back drop (lime green) are because you need to have a backgroud light onto it that is brighter than the subect lighting. You can do this by setting the background further away and put a light on it directly (from the side or top)

    Alternatively, move the subject away from the background as mentioned before but consider where you place your subject lights so that the shadows fall outside of the camera shot (off to the sides).
    For colour vibrancy, you can fix that in post production by adjusting saturation and levels (Camtasia). Looks good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ - Thanks for the input and suggestions. I will give your recommendations a go in the next set of videos.

    ReplyDelete