Sunday, August 7, 2011

Declaring War on Flatcon (Part 2)

I sometimes don't understand why building an army can be such a stressful event for me. I think it has to do with an underlying fear of me wasting my time and not being satisfied with the end results. Just always seems that I spend weeks stressing over what to paint and then end up rushing at the last minute or dropping out. Well, I think I solved my problem for Flatcon and have become settled on an army that fits with Ernie's and works for me.

HQ
Ordo Xeno Inquisitor w/ Conversion Beamer and 3 servo skulls (79 pts)

Elite
Inquisition Warband w/ 2 Jokaero and 1 multi-melta servitor (80 pts)
10 Purifiers w/ 4 Falchions, 4 Incinerators, 1 Nemesis Force Staves, Razorback w/ Heavy Flamer and Psyflame (360 pts)

Troop
5 Grey Knight Strike Squad w/ 3 Halbred, 1 Daemon Hammer, and 1 Incinerator (145 pts)
5 Grey Knight Strike Squad w/ 3 Halbred, 1 Daemon Hammer, and 1 Incinerator (145 pts)

Heavy Support
5 Purgation Squad w/ 4 Psycannons (180 pts)

Total Points 989 points

Without sharing Ernie's army, my thought process is that I have 2 units that can deal with transports at range, one of which can potentially crack land raiders (AV14). If I split the purifier squad into combat squads, I can load the incinerator combat squad into the razorback and have it travel with Ernie's transports. The other combat squad can remain in cover and defend my two long range squads. Finally, the two strike squads can drop-in where they are needed to support the mounted squads.

1 comment:

  1. All righty then! Works for me. Now get painting you slacker!

    ReplyDelete