Since the release of the new Khorne Daemonkin book, I have been playing around with painting a couple more Khorne models. Finally broke last week and painted a bloodletter to see if I recall the original painting scheme. I also decided with this one to change the color scheme of the horns and claws from black to bone to see if I liked the results.
When it came to my daemon army, the original intention was for it to be a quick paint army with minimal effort as I tend to put too much time into individual models (~14 hours per infantry size model). This fellow took me approximately 6 hours with the obvious bulk of the time spent on the green areas.
Comparing the new model against an older one, I found my most recent attempt to be brighter and to pop slightly better because of the highlighting. In the picture above, the green appears to be glossy, but I believe that is due to my lack of skills at taking pictures and not the actual model. I also like the color scheme of the older model's tongue better than what I did with the newer one. I'll need to dig through my notes and see if I wrote down what I did in the past for it.