Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Road to 2012 Begins...

It has been a while since I have done a proper update regarding my Dogs of War army and honestly, until recently I haven’t had anything to discuss.  That changed over the past few weeks as I have officially registered for Adepticon 2012 and the Waaagh Casts January 2012 Tournament.  Prior to registering for the Waaagh Cast Tournament, my plan was to focus on Tomb Kings and Chaos Dwarves for Adepticon, but since the Waaagh Cast Tournament is 2200 points, I knew neither of the mentioned armies would be at a point that they could be fielded at that size, so I returned to my beloved Dogs of War.

One of the first decisions I needed to make was that any preparation for the Waagh Cast tournament would need to pay-off for me at Adepticon as I don’t have the time to work on 3 armies.  This meant that I needed to put the Tomb Kings aside for now as the Chaos Dwarves will also be used in the Team Tournament at Adepticon.  With that decision made, the next one was coming up with a new theme for my Dogs of War army that fits the existing color scheme, but would contain all new models for Adepticon.  The army also needs to be strong and creative to give me a chance at winning another award at the afternoon session of the 1000 point tournament.
  
To this end, I have decided to dedicate my time to building the cavalry army that I have dreamt about for the last few years.  Generally speaking, I have thrown the idea of such a list around using different army books.  Tomb Kings, Orcs & Goblins, Chaos, and Empire have all been potential options for me when it comes to this theme.  In the end, Dogs of War just seems to be the proper list for this theme as I can do a couple of things that are not possible with the books I have listed (though Lietpold the Black does seem to be another potential solution).

2 comments:

  1. Which list will you be using to build the Dogs Of War army?

    ColKG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be using the Indy GT list from the Dogs of War site:

    http://www.scribd.com/doc/38079464/Warhammer-Armies-Dogs-of-War
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/38078985/Regiments-of-Renown

    ReplyDelete