Friday, November 1, 2013

On the Bench: Eagle Warriors Space Marine - Part 1


Since the conclusion of Invasion Kenosha, I have been itching to get away from Warhammer Fantasy and return to working on stuff for 40K.  Between moving back to Illinois from Wisconsin and starting a new job, I haven't had the time to work on anything until recently.  Now that my family is mostly settled in and I have a nice new gaming floor at my house, I decided to restart an old project and add some marines to my imperial forces.

I decided for this project to use one of the new plastic Sternguard marines that were release in September as I like my marines wearing loin clothes and having a little more bling on them. I also have a very strong visual of what I want the overall army to look like when on display, so using the new models helps towards achieving that visual without needing to use a lot of greenstuff. 

When it comes to priming models, I am a hardcore believer in using white primer for every project. The reason for doing this is that I find it easier to paint brighter colors without the need for a ton of extra layers like what would be needed with black primer. The downside of using white is that it can bleed through if the paint is too thin or not applied in smooth coats.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back to posting and doing some 40K stuff. Right on time for the Autumnal Equinox. I look forward to seeing the paint progression.

    ReplyDelete