Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Update: N.I.M.G.C. Tournament Roster

The Emerald Eye
(N.I.M.G.C. Tournament Roster)

Just had an interesting conversation with the judges for the N.I.M.G.C. Spring Tournament about painting and how the tournament will be scored. The judges have decided that painting and sportsmanship will not be factored into determining a winner. I'll be honest, this does give me some reservation about who will end up attending this tournament, but I have confidence in the judges and N.I.M.G.C. crew to run a good show, so I am not worried.

This decision, and the tournament's special rules, means that I can do an overhaul of my army list and field a very different army from the one I was originally planning. I don't usually like to field unpainted models, but I also realize that the original list I was bringing was going to be very limited by the model count. With other priorities much higher than gaming, I can now use the next six weeks to casual paint and assemble my "dream" army and give it a solid run at the tournament.

The following list is what I would call optomized. I should be clear that when I say optomized, I don't mean WAAC (Win At All Cost), I mean that this is the mix of models I would like to ideally field.

Skulltaker w/ Juggernaught 175 pts
Masque 100 pts
1 Fiend of Slaanesh w/ unholy strength 40 pts
20 Bloodletters w/ icon & musician 350 pts
10 Bloodletters w/ icon & musician 190 pts
20 Daemonettes w/ icon 305 pts
10 Daemonettes 140 pts
10 Horrors w/ icon 195 pts

No comments:

Post a Comment